Monday, September 16, 2013

The Blogcademy: Mind Explosion.

 photo blogcad13_zps0dae12fb.jpg
Just under two weeks ago, I attended The Blogcademy workshop at Curtain Road Studios in London. After two jam-packed days, I left with a head exploding with knowledge, inspiration and turquoise rainbow sparkles.

 photo blogcad17_zps907cf963.jpg  photo blogcad11_zpsb15187fa.jpg

As if the promise of exploding-brains isn't enough to get you to The Blogcademy - the awesome goodie bags - filled with headbands, cutesy-kitsch hairclips, solid reading material, sparkly ears, yummy treats, gorgeous bracelets, glittery star necklaces and ceramic tweet badges will make you feel like you've gotten your money's worth before the class has even started. The studio decor and flowers alone are enough to bring any blogger into a frothing instragramming frenzy.

 photo blogcad16_zps3f4993be.jpg

I actually won "best overall instagram" for the video I made below - 


I won a "Blogcademy- I have to instagram this" phone cover -

 photo blogcad10_zpsbe22a221.jpg
it's pretty epic.

and Just LOOK! at my phone sitting right there next to Kat and Gala's -
am TOTES in the gang.

 photo blogcad15_zps3fba9a7e.jpg

Over the two days there is so much information and knowledge that is poured onto you - it's like a rain-shower of glittery wisdom. At the end of the first day, it's quite hard to tell whether you are learning anything at all because you barely have a second to actually take it all in. I found that it's only once I have had time to sit alone at home, with my scrawled notes, my own ideas and the application of that knowledge to my own blog that I've realised how much I have learnt.

 photo blogcademy2_zpsbc921560.jpg
There are a few mantras, ideas and bits of information that have really stuck out for me in The Blogcademy teachings. In order to keep myself inspired (in the days, weeks and months away from The Blogcademy) I have made myself some little "reminder mantras", printed them out and stuck them on the wall next to my computer:

 photo blogcad6_zps8395be9b.jpg
 photo blogcad4_zpsad232eee.jpg
 photo blogcademy1_zps901e1a90.jpg
 photo blogcad2_zpsd737de4f.jpg photo Blogcademy3_zps3fed33d2.jpg
If you attended The Blogcademy and would like a little reminder of these mantras, (or if you didn't attend The Blogcademy {you should} and would like a little tease of "the goodness") I have made these into some printable downloads that you can stick up next to your computer. Because I'm nice like that.

 photo blogcad14_zps4585e485.jpg
Above Left: Shannon from SLR Photography, Me and Cat from Insanely Loving Life (launching soon).

Apart from the good tips and sound blogging advice, The Blogcademy is the perfect platform for meeting and networking with other bloggers, creatives and freelancers who are inspiring in their goals of making it for themselves. I am so excited to watch their blogging journey's.

What is the main thing that I learnt from The Blogcademy?

Surprisingly, the main thing that I got out of The Blogcademy wasn't good SEO practise, or how to write killer content, or tips for social media usage or even good advice for blog monetisation -although these topics were covered and I have 34 pages of scribbled notes to show for it. At the end of the day, it wasn't the blogging tips that have made this course so invaluable to me - the main thing I have taken from The Blogcademy is a sense of renewed self confidence. The belief that if these three mega babes are doing it - their way, their rules, their own career paths that they are carving out for themselves - then I can do it too. It is possible, it can be done - and there I am, mingling with the proof.

 photo blogcad9_zpsa8e748e4.jpg  photo blogcad8_zps633ba59d.jpg

Kat: Made it.
Shauna: Made it.
Gala: Made it.
Ché: ERRRRHHHMAAAAGERRRRHD!!! ME TOOOOO!!!


No worry, we'll get there.


(Side Note: MUST. learnt the art of "staying cool")

 photo blogcad12_zpscfcb2fc3.jpg

Over the next few weeks and months, there are going to be some changes that I'm testing out on little indieBerries - My new website design is in the process of being coded and you can look forward to some new regular features and social media changes - which I will be telling you about this coming week!

* * * * * *


To Shauna, Gala and Kat

Thank you so much for the most inspiring and incredible two days. Thank you for picking me as one of your scholarship winners - to let me bask in the awesomeness that you all exude. I feel inspired, motivated and driven to succeed in blogging, in goal setting, in creating and in life in general. Thank you for being brave enough to 'just do it'  - because you've inspired us all to do it, too.

Eternally grateful

Ché
x

18 comments :

Kat - Rock n Roll Bride said...

aww love your write up and cartoons! big things are in store for you, I just know it!

Tânia Sequinho said...

What a inspiring post! I want so much to go to the Blogcademy, but I live in Portugal, so I'm still waiting for that opportunity. I discover your post through Kat's twitter account and I liked your colourful and happy blog and content so much that I'm going to stay here for a little while to get to know more. :D
PS: Thank you for the printables! I will put them in my inspiration wall asap.

Che Kershaw said...

Welcome! Hope you stick around for a while on little indieBerries! :)
I hope that you get the opportunity to attend a blogcademy! It was so inspirational and motivating! For now - definitely stick up the printables next to your computer! x

Che Kershaw said...

Thank you so much Kat - am SO excited! big things to come! yay! x

Warrz said...

YEAH guuuuurl xxx

Rei said...

OMG I love the reminder mantra illustrations you made yourself. What a fantastic idea! I (like so many other people) am highly visual, and something like that would have so much more impact than just a quote scrawled on a post-it or something.

Keri Bainborough said...

hahahahahahaaa

Keri Bainborough said...

THIS MADE MY DAY. Lolled out loud. Hahaha x Hope your run went okay :)

Keri Bainborough said...

EHHHRRMGEERRRRD Me too! *DYING*

fathima said...

I have such intense knowledge FOMO right now! *Make* them come to Durban now that you're totes besties! ;)

Caley said...

AMAZEBALLS!! You have hit the JACKPOT! You have made it BIG TIME!
YOU GO GIRL xx

Natasha Marais said...

An even better Indieberries? Holy moly! Can't wait to see all the new things lady:) xx

Che Kershaw said...

hahaha you KNOW it, guuuuurl.

Alisha KP said...

Ahhh! Seriously amazing! I have just submitted my scholarship application and reeaaally want to go! Check it out if you have time - http://thewineglassmanifesto.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/aiming-high-aka-my-blogcademy.html

Tabby www.tabbycasto.tumblr.co said...

Hello! I was looking into the blog academy and wanted to find a blog written about it by somebody who had been to it! Your blog was the first blog I came across when I searched online for it! Cute blog! It seems it is worth the £ so I'm going to have to start saving! :)

Che Kershaw said...

Ah yay! thank you! definitely book yourself a spot - you will really love it! Also I would suggest applying for the Blogcademy scholarship - you never know! :)

Rachel said...

I remember finding this post when you first wrote it and thinking that your drawings were super cute - but after attending The Blogcademy 2 weeks ago i actually GET them now! So great, I'm printing myself a set immediately!

Che Kershaw said...

ah yay!! did you love the Blogcademy!?! it's super awesome! definitely download a set of pics and stick them up RIGHT next to your computer as a reminder!! :)