Monday, July 29, 2013

The Blogcademy.



 photo blogcademyscholar1_zps1149fdab.jpg  photo blogcademyscholar2_zpsa1359f6a.jpg

We've been married for almost four months now - but me moving to London 3 months ago has been the first time we've lived on the same continent in more than 6 years.
And before that,

We weren't even dating.

Yeah, 

It's a long story.

I digress.

 photo blogacedmyscholar3_zps720516e9.jpg  photo blogcademyscholar3_zpsc4055bf0.jpg

poor me.

Spending South African Rands whilst trying
to buy things in London Pounds is no joke.

 photo blogcademy4_zpsd3493441.jpg  photo blogcademyscholar4_zpsd123dd2b.jpg

YAY! For online store!!

A brand new online shop - 

 photo blogcademyscholar8_zps5b5b8166.jpg  photo blogcademyscholar5_zpsdab35f3d.jpg  photo blogcademyscholar6_zpsd08425b8.jpg  photo blogcademyscholar9_zps652fb938.jpg  photo blogcademyscholar7_zps3225fe60.jpg  photo blogcademyscholar11_zpse516c65a.jpg

"things" including.... date books || illustrated recipe books || wedding guestbooks || 'trash-books' || cards ||  DIY kits || design work || web design || children's books || personalised cartoons etc etc etc.

 photo blogcademyscholar10_zpsc59ec912.jpg

I want to do ALL the things.
(which is clearly not possible - *needs direction*)

So,
 photo blogcademyscholar12_zps5a9b43c5.jpg  photo blogcademyscholar14_zpsf61efd87.jpg  photo blogcademyscholar16_zps79e8a61d.jpg

so... if you can't grant me the scholarship for me
(which I think you should)

Then do it for my husband.

And

 photo blogcademy20_zps906b35d6.jpg

But really,

 I do believe that I am an excellent candidate for The Blogcademy scholarship because:

  1. I have a lot of creative ideas {too many, not enough hours in the day - they need to be streamlined/focused/directed (?!)} and I don't really know what to do with them, how to market them/execute them and/or how to take them to the next level. I need help with actualising my creativity into a viable career.
  2. I'm in the process of building a new website and online store (YAY SELF!) - and I would love some expert branding/guidance/advice with the launch of that new venture. The Blogcademy is the perfect platform in every sense.
  3. I have been approached several times by (South African) google-ad type advertisers asking to host flashing banners on my blog. Every time I have ninja-chopped-them-in-the-face said, "NO", because I don't want to be a sell-out. But... am starting to think maybe it is time I start generating some income from my blog? how?
  4. I would absolutely love to be part of such an exciting, interactive and dynamic experience - not only meeting a group of 30 like-minded UK bloggers, but having three of the most internationally successful bloggers in the industry to answer my hundreds of technical/practical/creative and business questions, is more than I would ever be able to get from reading any website/forum or book (and I've read plenty).
  5.  I would love to soak up all the stories, experiences, advice and be inspired by three of the most prolific bloggers in the industry. And also - possibly stroke Kat's pink hair {in a non-creepy way}.
But above all -
 photo blogcademyscholar17_zps93a7d733.jpg   photo blogcademy615_zps719e823d.gif  photo blogcademyscholar19_zpsf79f21b2.jpg

PS. I have decided that I am going to SPAM the Blogcademy headmistresses with my scholarship entry campaign - they will be so annoyed with me that they will accept my scholarship application just to make me stop. I realise this is a rather risky strategy and has the potential to make me look both needy and desperate. My response to this is:

I am.


So lovely indieBerries readers and fans (hi mom),
- go forth on your twitters and tell @theblogcademy just how much you think
@indieberries needs to be part of their possé.


and TOMORROW!
BLOGCADEMY DIY!


yes.


22 comments :

Jerusha said...

If you end up at the Blogcademy and get in a picture with Gala Darling the universe will EXPLODE into a glitter-rainbow of AWESOME. This needs to happen, Che. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Che Kershaw said...

i do so HOPE to explode the world into a glitter-rainbow-of-awesome. and will document with ALL the pictures!! :)

CityGirl said...

Awesome CHE! What an incredible opportunity! I've been following these ladies blogs for ages, and basically, I'd sell half my engagement ring to come along with you as your plus one (they should totally do plus ones!) :) GOOD LUCK! Will spam away for you x

Che Kershaw said...

I have thought of selling my engagement ring. but warren would kill me. and then there would be no-one to blog for indieberries. sad. :(

CityGirl said...

true...ok onto plan B then! Umm, what was plan B again???

Che Kershaw said...

SPAM. hahahaha ;)

Jessica Shelver said...

Good luck babe! xxx

Gaelyn Cokayne said...

Oh I love the honesty in your "campaign" lol, like a typical politician but funnier. And honest-er. Will def do my bit to try get you in there by sharing this post, love following your blog!!!

Sheylara said...

What an awesome application! I think you nailed it, but good luck! :) I'd love to go to The Blogcademy but I can't in September. Maybe next time! :)

Claudz said...

Good luck!!

Johlet said...

Fingers crossed!!! Good luck! xxx

Megs H said...

Wishing you all the best! I will share this post! Good luck :) xxx

Becoming you said...

with a "campaign" like this how can you go wrong! may the best spammer win!

big little brother said...

Don't think of it as selling out little big sister but rather as buying in!

Che Kershaw said...

hahaha ALL. THE SPAM.

Che Kershaw said...

haha thanks brother-fan-club! x

Caley said...

You have to get in. The end.

Sophie said...

fingers and toes and all other appendages crossed for you!

sophie said...

you're little-big-sister too?! that's totally my indian name, haha! but i'm happy to share it with you :)

you should do a post on what it's like to have monsterously tall siblings... you have 1, i have 6!!

x

Vanessa Levin said...

YAY! I hope you get this! You've always been one of my favorite bloggers!!!! I can't use enough explanation points to express my excitement! :D

Natasha Clark said...

I only JUST got to reading this & catching up and things. I like you so much. Really.

Che Kershaw said...

and i like YOU so much really! let's go for cocktails someday. IRL. :)