Friday, May 20, 2011

Trash cards

Laura celebrated her birthday back in the states, so i sent her a card with her gift, made - for the large majority - out of trash. When you can send a friend a card made from "collected" ephemera that's when you know the friendship will stand the test of time.
Here's a sneak peak:
Photobucket
Photobucket
(sneaky polaroid pocket above)
Photobucket
Photobucket
(gift bag made using doilies, tape and 'compliment-cards' which are available in my Etsy Store)
Photobucket

Photobucket
In the trash-card there were different pockets, some the perfect polaroid holding size, collected tags, magazine papers, note-spaces to write little messages, memories or quotes, tape, doilies, old maps, gift-bags and stamps. The whole thing was bound with purple embroidery yarn in a "grungy-trash-card" (read: I can't sew very well) way.


Laura is very dear to me so I used all my best trash. I hope the Lovely Laura had a fabulous birthday!


* * * * * 
Ps. I am in the process of making a few of these "trash-cards" which I will be putting up in my Etsy store. Will keep you posted :)
* * * * *

No comments :